Two open positions
We are currently looking for two people to join our team in Copenhagen to use their super powers in digital communications and project management to support the mental health and psychosocial wellbeing of children, youth and families in adversity.
Deadline for both positions is 16 January 2023
Communications and Project Officer with a focus o social media management
Are you our new passionate and creative Communications and Programmes Officer with a strong background in social media management and content creation?
You will work closely with the Advocacy and Communications Advisor and subject matter experts and is expected to show initiative and put forward their own ideas. Additionally, you will work closely with the Programmes Advisor to ensure the smooth running of several small projects.
As Communications & Programmes Officer, you will have three main areas of focus:
- External communications for the MHPSS Collaborative’s core activities
- European Commission Horizon Europe project communications support
- Programmes support
Your personal and professional profile includes the following.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in journalism, communications, marketing or similar
- 2-3 years of relevant expertise in communication, social media management, and programme support.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Experience and interest in social media marketing for a global audience communications planning and strategy creating simple graphic design creating and editing videos and podcasts
- Ability to find innovative solutions to communication challenges and barriers
Deadline for application is 16 January 2023
Do you want to join a team of ambitious and talented colleagues who work to support the mental health and psychosocial wellbeing of children, youth and families in adversity? Do you thrive in an international environment where we strive to make a real impact through our work? And can you help us reach our goals by keeping track of budgets, accounting, meetings, deadlines, contracts, administration and partner communication?
Responsibility and Tasks
- Work closely with the Programmes Advisor who oversees the full Collaborative project portfolio and with relevant MHPSS Technical Advisors who lead on various thematic portfolios to provide overall financial and administrative support for the smooth running of assigned projects including:
- Support the drafting and management of project budgets and revisions, including tracking and processing expenses on each assigned project budget
- Maintain and update project and award management platforms on a regular basis to keep relevant stakeholders informed
- Draft and manage service provider and consultancy contracts and ensure budget alignment processing invoices and time sheets
- Arrange logistics of convening key stakeholders and partners (meetings will most likely be remote, requiring familiarity with online meeting platforms and other virtual tools to ensure meaningful participation)
- Take and disseminate notes from meetings and expert consultations as needed
- Proofread documents, including proposals and reports for quality assurance
- Ensure compliance with all Save the Children Denmark (hosting agency) and donor processes and procedures
Bachelor’s in International Relations, International Development, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, or another relevant field
- Project and financial management, budgeting and accounting skills
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office package
- Knowledge of setting up online meetings and webinars through Teams or Zoom
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, particularly communication, facilitation and presentation skills for diverse audiences
- Keen attention to detail while maintaining a broad strategic perspective
- Aptitude for problem solving and ability to proactively prevent or address arising issues
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationship with donors, key partners and consultants
- Additional languages such as Danish, French, Spanish, Arabic, an advantage
- Previous experience working in a not for profit or humanitarian organization
- Previous experience as an administrative or project assistant, or related function in an employment capacity
- Experience working in teams with people from different backgrounds with different communication styles
Deadline for application is 16 January 2023. Please find full job description and directions on how to apply here